Birthrights: Human rights in maternity care - September 2021
An introduction to human rights law and how it applies in maternity care to equip doulas to be even more effective in their advocacy.
The session will cover:
- What are human rights?
- Where do they come from?
- How do they apply in maternity care?
By the end of the session participants will be able to answer questions such as:
- How can we deliver safe and personalised care?
- Do women have a right to out of guidelines care?
- What really is informed consent?
- Could we do more to prevent birth trauma rather than treating it?
Wednesday 15th September from 10.00am to 1.30pm